About Swedish Life Cycle Center
HistoryThe center has a history of more than 20 years and has become a well known platform for life cycle professionals.
OrganizationThe center has a board and a technical secretariat for the maintenance and coordination.
More to read or printInformation folders and reports are available for you to read online or print.
“Swedish Life Cycle Center has been instrumental for the development and
adoption of the life cycle perspective in Swedish companies and
has made important contributions to international standardization
in the life cycle field.”
Professor Anne-Marie Tillman, one of the founders of the center
Our mission is to work for the integration of the life cycle perspective into processes and decision making in industry, government policy and other parts of society, developing products and services with increased resource efficiency that enhances sustainable consumption and production patterns. This should open up possibilities of working towards a more circular economy and meet common sustainability challenges and sustainable development goals.
How we work
No matter what activities we perform the foundation is:
- Relevant & scientifically based methods, practices & tools
- Support the competence & knowledge building
- Influence national & international initiatives
Credible and applied life cycle thinking for decision making
“The foundation for the center is mutual learning, our activities have a scientific base combined with the users’ and practitioners’ perspective on implementation and decision making.“
Sara Palander, Director of Swedish Life Cycle Center
Short facts about us:
Swedish Life Cycle Center is a center of excellence for competence building and knowledge exchange to drive the life cycle field forward. We co-create an arena for universities, research institutes, industrial players and authorities to collaborate in.Read more about Swedish Life Cycle Center
This is a value-adding partnership
- Obtain tools and inspiration for new strategies and working processes to implement in your operations.
- Benchmark the partners within the center.
- Collaborate in joint research projects with academia, research institutes and partners in industry and authorities involved.
- Increase your knowledge through close contact with other experts within the life cycle field.
- Be highlighted as a frontrunner in sustainability. Your good examples, research or initiatives are communicated in the channels of Swedish Life Cycle Center.
- Obtain access to high quality decision support and a network of over 400 life cycle professionals.
- Get involved in strategic development through your seat on the center Board.
- Find new ways to manage long-term sustainability.
- Use the web forum for close contact with partners.
- Make a larger impact through joint efforts to influence national and international initiatives.
- Access to workshops, seminars, webinars, newsletters, research results.
Read more about the center's achievements
The activities of Swedish Life Cycle Center are summarized continuously and gathered in Annual reports and Stage summaries. Read some of them here.