Curios about Environmental Footprint and its application?
The webinar “EU Environmental Footprint – industrial experiences & updates on the policy process”?, on November 30, was organized to give Swedish industry, authorities and the public sector an opportunity to learn more about Product Environmental Footprint (an initiative of the European Commission), latest updates on the policy process and method development and to get insights in experience of working with the Product Environmental Footprint.
The webinar was recorded and is now available on YouTube.
Part 1 – includes the following presentations:
- Introduction to Product Environmental Footprint – Katarina Lorentzon, RISE Research Institutes of Sweden
- Product Environmental Footprint in Sweden – Björn Spak, Swedish Environmental Protection Agency
- Updates on the Environmental Footprint – methodology and policy development – Imola Bedo, European Commission & Environmental Footprint team
Part 2 – includes presentations on Experiences from industrial case studies on Product Environmental Footprint, comparisons between Product Environmental Footprint (PEF) and Environmental Product Declarations (EPD) and a panel dialogue on lessons learned from working with PEF.
- PEF on a steel product – Jonas Larsson, SSAB & Karin Sanne, IVL Swedish Environmental Research Institute
- PEF on a paper product – Carina Larsson, Stora Enso Paper Nymölla Mill & Torun Hammar, RISE Research Institutes of Sweden
- Similarities and differences between PEF and EPD (Environmental Product Declaration) – Sofia Poulikidou, IVL Swedish Environmental Research Institute
Panelists: Björn Spak Swedish EPA, Carina Larsson Stora Enso, Jonas Larsson SSAB, Sofia Poulikidou IVL & Torun Hammar RISE
The webinar was arranged by the Swedish Life Cycle Center within the project Environmental footprint in Sweden – increased competence and communication, with funding from Vinnova.
Read more about the project and links to other webinars on Environmental Footprint,