Two-day course in Applied life cycle thinking
The life cycle perspective, understanding the environmental impacts of a product or service throughout the value chain, is gaining increased importance in business as well as in public sector and authorities. In this two-day course you will get a deeper understanding on how to apply life cycle thinking in your organization, through real cases and proven methods. You will get sufficient time to practice your new skills during the course and ask the experienced course leaders and guest lecturers for support.
The course is aimed for you who need a better understanding of the life cycle perspective, life cycle assessment (LCA) and its role for sustainable development in your organization. You work for example as a strategist, environmental coordinator / environmental manager, buyer or investigator in public sector or business and focus on sustainability. No prior knowledge in LCA is required.
The course provides knowledge in:
- How a life cycle perspective affects companies and authorities.
- What LCA is and what benefit it can give you.
- Specific application of the lifecycle perspective in various functions and activities, eg in procurement and environmental communication.
- Product Environmental Footprint and other life cycle-based policy development nationally and globally.
- Implementing life cycle thinking in your organization.
After the course, you have the knowledge and inspiration to use a life cycle perspective in your own business. You know the concepts of life cycle thinking and life cycle management and have gained comprehensive examples of how they can be applied for increased business benefit and for strategic decision making. You have gained an understanding of life cycle assessment as a method, its applications, strengths and weaknesses, and you are confident in using life cycle information in your work.
– “Providing a two-day course in applied life cycle thinking is about to give and spread knowledge about the life cycle perspective as a part of working towards our vision “Credible and applied life cycle thinking globally”. / Sara Palander, director Swedish Life Cycle Center
Course leaders and guest speakers
The two course leaders have long experience from academia, research institutes as well as working with organisations’ sustainability work. Together with handpicked guest lecturers they will provide you with the tools you need.
Emma Rex is a research leader in value-creating system design at RISE Research Institutes of Sweden. She holds a MSc in Industrial Engineering and Management and a PhD in Environmental Systems Analysis, with focus on implementation of a life cycle perspective in large industry organizations.Emma is an experienced project and process leader of research and innovation projects related to life cycle management, in topics such as decision making and circular economy.
Kristian Jelse is a sustainability consultant and the owner of Greendesk. He has a MSc. in Engineering Physics and Industrial Ecology from Chalmers University of Technology, and has since 2008 worked with applying, developing and communicating the life cycle perspective and its applications. He has previously organized trainings and seminars in Sweden and abroad, and been a recurring guest lecturer at universities on the topics of LCA, EPD, and environmental communication.
Jimmy Yoler is a project manager at SIS Swedish Institute for Standards and he vill give a special lecture on standard ISO 14001, ISO 14008 and Type III declaration via EPD ISO 14025.
Annica Isebäck is a Environmental Specialist at Essity. She has a MSc. in Chemical Engineering with emphasis on Industrial Ecology and has since 2012 performed life cycle assessments. Essity is a leading global hygiene and health company with more than 30 years’ experience of Applied life cycle thinking.
Interested to join the course? Click on the bottom below and make a pre-interest registration (non-binding) and get priority when the registration opens.
General conditions for registration:
In case of insufficient participants, we reserve the right to cancel the course, which in such cases will be notified promptly and the course fee will be refunded.
Registration for courses organized by Swedish Life Cycle Center is binding, however, cancellation is free of charge if cancellation is made no later than 30 days prior to the course. Cancellations thereafter is charged with full fee. If absence is reported later than 30 days before the date of the course, the registered participant has the right to send another person in his/her place.
Date: 21-22 April 2020, Day 1: 10 am – 17 pm, Day 2: 09 am – 15.30 pm. (Please note that this course is postponed to fall 2020!)
Price: 11 500 SEK ex Moms (Partners get a 20% discount)
Location: Chalmers University of Technology. Adress: Vera Sandbergs Allé 8, Gothenburg
Please note that the course will be held in Swedish. Note: The course can also be given to larger groups / companies as well as in English on request.
For questions, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call +46 (0) 31-772 49 61.
– “I have gained a greater respect for the fact that it is complicated with LCA, but that it is valuable and useful. Now I have an easier time asking questions and analyzing issues as well as an understanding of the complexity..” / Course participant Gothenburg October 2019
– “I have gained a greater understanding of life cycle thinking in general. Knowledge of the work nationally and in the EU to improve methodology and how this work relates in other important work such as the Sustainable Development Goals. ” /Course participant Stockholm November 2019
– “It is incredibly inspiring to see the outcome from the course participants as they translate the knowledge into practice: How can we as an authority influence an entire industry? How can we as a company influence our suppliers? Or how can we, at an early stage in product development, introduce this idea to make the best products and services possible?” / Emma Rex (RISE), course leader of previous course
Read about the last course content here: